Wednesday, July 18, 2007

WEEK 7, THING 16: LEARN ABOUT WIKIS

The whole concept of wikis seemed very strange to me until I read the material about them. I have to say I have a new outlook about them. I like the idea of using the wikis for use by committees. It would be faster than the email system way of communicating. I really enjoyed The Bull Run Library Wiki and will add it to my del.icio.us file. The wiki had information and links to areas that I found interesting. The only troublng idea with the public wikis is that everyone can edit the information. It makes me very cautious about believing anything on the wiki. For this reason I have not used Wikipedia. Now for a personal note, I love the idea of a wiki for planning my parents anniversary parties and Christmas list for gifts to the nieces and nephews so they don't end up with duplicate gifts.

No comments: