Thursday, August 23, 2007

LATI POSTS

I am happy to say that I found an author that has the same character experiencing the different seasons of the year for the first time. I decided to use those stories for my project. We have the same children attend storytime until they start school. I think they will enjoy hearing about the same character during the different programs throughout the year. After all, J.K. Rowlings had millions of readers lining up at midnight to read the latest about Harry Potter.
The two folktales for the elementary school is not going as quickly. I have been reading them from just about every culture and I have to say they all seem very dark. There must be two stories where death is not involved. I keep reading hoping to find them. Time is running out so I hope to find them soon.
Yesterday, I had one of my programs at the branch. It went extremely well. Everyone had a great time. I also got my last craft ready for the three storytimes that are in September. So far I am managing to jungle all the different balls and not drop any of them.

No comments: